Friday, April 25, 2014

Fiesta Party - Cinco de Mayo

Our friends at Party City sent us some Fiesta party supplies for our real Cinco de Mayo party next weekend but since my family loves Mexican food, I decided to do a small Cinco de Mayo photo shoot to inspire my readers to create their own Fiesta Bash! 
I used my raffia fence that I got at Home Depot as a backdrop and added the Cinco de Mayo sign and the Fiesta Paper Fans to it. I also added a plastic bunting on top of the raffia fence. The bunting is part of the Giant Fiesta Decorating kit. I am planning on using the rest of the kit on our real party on May 3rd. To bring color to our table, I used a Serape as table runner on top of the avocado tablecloth. As for props, I used the Mexican Sombrero as centerpiece, fiesta maracas, Fiesta accessory kit(mini sombrero, mustache and margarita glasses), red peppers and mini cactus. 
The food was simple since it was just for my family. We had tacos, a vegetable platter, Spanish rice, Tortillas, cheese dip and salsa. I served the toppings inside these cute Chili Pepper bowls.
Party city has a  great selection of Fiesta Drinkware, I love the Serape Bottle Cozy! So cute!! How about the SeƱorita Needs Another Margarita Beverage Napkins? Love it!! And don't forget to have some Fiesta Margarita Glasses to add a festive look to your Drink Station!
We made little cactus treats using store bought  mini brownies turned upside down and added a little bit of green icing, placed them inside mini cupcake liners and placed them inside little terra-cotta vases to look like mini cactus.



I found some Mexican candy and beverages at my local Walmart. I also made Flan and served it inside Mini Margarita Glasses. As for favors, our guests will receive Streamer Strings, Glow int the Dark Necklaces, Fiesta Body Jewelry and Fiesta Necklaces upon arrival for extra fun!.

I will add more photos to this post once we have our Cinco de Mayo party next weekend!
For now, you can find more inspiration for your own Fiesta Party by clicking the links below:

Cinco de Mayo Food and Drink Ideas ¡Salud!


¡Delicioso! Mexican Fiesta Dessert Ideas

Mexican Fiesta Party Ideas ¡Arriba!




3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous party! I love the little serapes on the cups and the chili pepper bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful and cute! I love 5 de mayo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!